OT: cashing in coins

Dominion Bank and Canada Trust - the latter which resulted from the merger of Waterloo Trust and Huron and Erie Trust(or Canada Trust, Huron and Erie) of Waterloo Ontario and London Ontario, respectively.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 10, 8:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Our US banks go thru the same idiocy of successors. Our biggest bank in Naperville, IL, has had at least 4 different names in the past 30 years, we still call it by the original name from 45 years ago when we want to let an old-timer know something as it is a local landmark on the corner of the biggest downtown intersection.
Add pictures here
✖
<SNIP example of bank mergers>

First Pennsylvania Bank was taken over by Corestates bank, which was taken over by First Union Bank, which was taken over by Wachovia, which was taken over by Wells Fargo. This amounts to 5 different names in the past 25 years, maybe within a 20 year period.

✖
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:31:46 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

There are also trust companies, which are not chartered banks, and credit unions.
Trust companies merge and change names fairly often. Credit unions likewize. VERY occaisionally, a "chartered bank" will absorb or merge with a trust company - and this is what happened in the case of TD Canada Trust.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:53:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

So far, there is no "unlike" here at all.

Add pictures here
✖
"EXT" wrote in message

Just wanted to know if anyone in the US knows what the "TD" in TD Ameritrade stands for.
Canadians are disqualified from answering.
-------------------
I'm a TD customer in Canada and I'll vouch about them being a good customer service oriented bank. Their chequing fees are higher than most BUT their investing services, tax planning, credit departments are helpful and friendly. They have the friendliest tellers who actually work to answer questions and try to find the best appointment times for their experts. They manage some of the lowest cost market etf funds in Canada. I do all my retirement and taxable investing thru them now. Great websites to purchase and sell equities and funds. prompt tax receipts in the mail. Prompt confirmations of transactions from investments.
I also have my house and life insurance with them. Reasonable rates, especially for house insurance.
I really hope they give great service in the US as I get here. They really want to grow along the east coast. They merged their Waterhouse division into Ameritrade. Hope it works well for them.
Add pictures here
✖

Oh, how perfectly awful! Where's the empathy? the inclusiveness? Do you not embrace these values?
Character matters. Courage is doing the right thing even when nobody's looking. Don't wait for your ship to come in, row out to meet it. It's better to help somebody up than to put them down... You know the drill.
I have something much more schoolteacher-friendly than your link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6ggRByE8g
<Tegger snickers and runs off>
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖
On 3/11/2011 7:11 PM, Tegger wrote:

Those are Canadians singing that song, they must be from Calgary or Alberta. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

How can you tell?
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

"and I leave my entire vast estate of 10 million dollars to the people of Calgery so they can afford to move somewhere decent!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFldBVWFgWo

✖

I guess that's a giveaway, isnt' it?
--
Tegger

Add pictures here
✖

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-unsure-what-to-do-with-all-the-extra-ketc,1510 /
Add pictures here
✖
On 3/9/2011 7:56 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-unsure-what-to-do-with-all-the-extra-ketc,1510 /
Dang, you never heard of ketchup soup? :-)
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

I just throw them in a basket, and when I get about ten pounds, I take them to the Longhorn Saloon in Las Vegas, and change them in. Most I ever changed in at one time was $700. Handy at Christmas, or when I want a treat of a bottle of Glennfiddich single malt.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. http://cabgbypasssurgery.com www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Add pictures here
✖
In article

an exageration) takes my bowl full of loose coins, runs them though the counting machine and then gives me 100% of the results.
✖

counter and it deposits in rollable stacks. I usually have a pretty good idea of the amount when I take them in and they are accurate.
BTW - This is not a new capability. We have a 100 or so year old coin counter in our museum. Same principle as new ones. Dump coins in a hopper and they come out in stacks ready for rolling. Of course it isn't digital but the stack trays are graduated with lines to tell how much is in the stack. Doesn't work anymore because coins are different that they were in early 1900's
RonB
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 05:47:15 -0800, Smitty Two

My bank doesn't have a coin counter. I have filled an empty Rolaids bottle with coins and keep it in my car console. When I eat at the drive through, I give correct change. If the line is long and I have a lot of quarters, I pay with all change.
Add pictures here
✖

I trade my rolls in about once every couple of months. When I give them 5 or 6 rolls, they just give me the cash. If I brought in 30 or 40 rolls once a year, they might feel a bit overwhelmed. But I agree with several other posters who suggested getting a more friendly bank.
Add pictures here
✖

Find a new bank. Any decent bank will count them, or give you access to a coin counter, free.

Add pictures here
✖
On 3/10/2011 12:09 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

"Decent bank"? How does that work?