OT Britain's Prince Philip taken to hospital

is best known for.............

He's notorious for his ability to put his foot in his mouth at the drop of a brick.

And now another tale of Prince Philip's astonishing gaffability has emerged.

Meeting a teenage Army cadet who lost nearly all his sight in an IRA bomb attack, the prince managed to poke fun at his dress sense.

Stephen Menary had just been asked by the Queen how much he could still see.

To which Prince Philip quickly interjected: 'Not a lot, judging by that tie.'

Read more:

Metspitzer

He horrified my late mother a few decades ago by telling a meeting of the Confederation of British Industry (or some such name): "Gentlemen, we must pull our fingers out."

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

And who amongst us will deny that he's right? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, I do it even after 40 years married...but then she is now disabled. Does that count? ;)

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Men generally are.