Open bricks - top of foundation

I just realized the bricks in the top layer of my house's block foundation are not sealed in any way on the top.

Wouldn't that provide an air channel all the way from the bottom of the wall to the top, open to the inside of the basement?

Isn't that a bad thing, at least from an insulation & radon point of view? If so, what do I seal them with?

Reply to
Darryl

Yes, it will and insulating it will make a difference in your utilities. There are many types of ill for insulation. Do a Google search for "block fill" and you will come up with some

Edwin Pawlowski

Be careful. Masonry is generally not water tight and ventilation is often necessary to keep moisture levels under control. Don Young

Reply to
Don Young