One last clock

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks. And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more. The clock in my digital camera.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Let's start a movement then. Join us in Saskatchewan, we don't change time with the rest of you.
SASKATCHEWAN! Where Time Stands Still!!!!!
On Sat 14 Nov 2009 07:49:14p, Doug Brown told us...

And in most of Arizona.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Thanks for the reminder. Mine needed setting too.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Mine loses the date whenever the batteries go flat. I seldom bother to set it.
-- aem sends...

My camera has a separate (small) battery for the clock. It's about 3 years old now, and could go too...

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Mine three. :)
Jon
My home has at least 24 clocks which need to be reset. The computer and satellite receivers take care of it automatically. My latest one was the water softener timer, reset just this morning. It often gets forgotten after power outages until I'm in the shower while it is regenerating. Horrible showering in unfiltered water!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

    Personally I think we should all switch to GMT and be done with all this silly stuff. If you want more time in the evening convince you boss to have you come in earlier.
___One time for all and all for one time. ___
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:01:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
[snip]

All good ideas, but at least get rid of that &^%$ DST.
"That blanket is too short no matter HOW MUCH you cut off one end and sew on the other!"

Mark Lloyd
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I never mess with the one on the camera - I keep the date right, as that's actually useful once in a while, but the exact time doesn't seem to matter (if it ever did I suspect it'd be relative to other photos and absolute time still wouldn't be important)
What I really want is a digital camera that says *where* I took a photo, not *when* :-)
cheers
Jules
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:20:48 -0600, Jules

If you have a GPS that can write to your computer- and a digi-cam with exif info- then you're in business; http://www.earlyinnovations.com/gpsphotolinker / "GPSPhotoLinker adds GPS position and location data to your photos. The latitude and longitude recorded by your GPS unit are linked and saved to your photos. GPSPhotoLinker automatically enters the city, state and country into the metadata."
[there are other softwares out there- I haven't looked into this in a while as I still am gps-less.
Jim
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:54:50 -0500, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Yep, that had crossed my mind before, and I do want to get a nice GPS unit sometime anyway, I suppose. I spent around $1000 on the camera when it was new (several years ago now), and prices have dropped so much since that I'm surprised there isn't built-in GPS on the high-end consumer-grade cameras now (although I think there might be on some of the "professional" models for even more money).
Maybe I'm in a minority in thinking it's one of those features that'd be useful... :-)

Sure... I'm on Linux rather than OSX, but I think I've seen stuff in the past that'll do the job there (and if not I'm sure I can throw together a suitable script to do it!).
cheers
Jules
Jules wrote:

I like to keep a record, since we travel a lot and it's not easy to remember where you took each picture. I used to have my wife keep a log, but that didn't work too well.
Now I just find a sign or something that identifies the place, and take a quick picture of that. Since the pictures are in order, I know the picture after the ID picture is whatever it says on the ID. Sometimes, I just shoot a picture of a brochure or menu, anything that has the name on it.
In the early Kodak years, the cameras took 100 frames. They were provided with a log book. The calendar on my digicam is very helpful. Occasionally, I can't remember what date I did something or other. I've scrolled through my digicam pictures, to find the date and time I did something.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

My digital camera embeds the time and date into the data if the camera's clock is set to the correct date and time. Depending on the software I'm using, the date and time will be shown for each picture.
TDD