Not sure what it is called...

Instead of drilling a hole and tapping threads into it, there is a tool that crimps a brass insert into the hole that is already threaded (I think it is called a "rev-nut"). What is this tool called and where can I find them? Thanks.
Called Helicoil?...if so try this website
http://www.contractorstools.com/helicoil1.html
hope that was of some help......Jim

that
is
or try revitnut....seen here...
http://www.bylerrivet.com/items.asp?cat#2&to tegory
"Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

That is it. Thanks for your help.
"Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

tool
it
them?
Mike Faust wrote:

they sell them in the J.C. whitney catalog for about twice the price that they sell them in Harbor Freight and other discount places......
Nutsert. Nut rivet. Harbor Freight has these, but they use aluminum "nut rivet".
Also, Curtis Industries (who also makes key blanks) used to have them.
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus