not enough clearance for a hammer drill

-------------------------------------

I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my marked spots. The clearance is about 8" in most spots. I'd do the universal foundation plates from Simpson but the greatest offset from foundation to sill is 2 inches and I need about 5.

sigh

I have to go through the sill and into concrete... any solutions tighter than 8" I'm unaware of?

thanks in advance for any help.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 350850 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
robertanke1

Rent a Hilti TE-5 (or newer model) that will do right angle rotary hammer?

Reply to
Pete C.

Right angle hammer drill or possibly these (with a palm nailer):

Mike Paulsen