Non-incandescent oven light?

Does anyone make an LED or similar type of bulb for high temperature applications like oven lights?
Bill J. wrote:

the heat would likely kill the electronics. it doesn't like to sit at 425F for hours at a time, let alone the selfcleaning cycle.

Led's do not like heat. Heat kills many in bus rear taillights in the hot sun. Leds like it cooler than 25 deg C. It would have to be through a window, just like fans do not last long in the heat, as in Turbo Oven. All fans are on the outside.
greg

LED's inherently also keep getting dimmer as they warm up over a certain threshold. If you pulse it with high current, the light output sags. To get 50 K hours life, they must be operated conservatively. Not many engineers do that when your trying to get a lot of light.
greg

Thanks for the replies.
What I am wondering is what I'll replace my oven light with if incandescent bulbs are regulated out of existence.
Bill J. wrote:

temperature
sit at

the
long
They will probably come with miniature quartz/halogen bulbs. Yes, these too are incandescent but not the type that will be regulated out of existence. They run hotter than an oven.
--
LSMFT

Why do you really need a light in the oven? Shine a flashlight in it..... (just a thought).
That type of incandecent bulb will probably still be sold. There are quite a few exceptions such as the small flame shaped bulbs and specialty types (which this likely is). Someone posted a list on here (via weblink) awhile ago, which shows all the exceptions. I dont recall the site....
Even if a CFL or LED light could survive in that heat (which it cant), the solder would melt.
Bill J. wrote:

Appliance bulbs are one of the many exceptions to the upcoming incandescent "ban".
http://members.misty.com/don/incban.html
If this is an industrial oven....like a pizza oven then a small metal halide lamp can be used...I have seen this in a local rotery pizza oven
MH lamps dont mind the heat and can last a L O N G time
wattages are available down to 39 watts (who comes up with these offbeat numbers) and the 50 watt type fits a medium screw based socket .
If this is a home oven check on flea-bay and stock up a dozen bulbs this should last like 10-15 years with casual use.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:24:03 -0800, "Harrison Lighting and Neon"

Totally a non issue as those bulbs are allowed and WILL be available (and can be used in your cieling fan too)
How long before someone offers a stove with a ... gas light?

An led would quickly fail at oven temps. Oven lamps are one application exempt in all the incandescent lamp replacement legislations.(for that reason)