noise reduction pipe cover

I am renovating my kitchen. The plastic drain pipe from the upstairs bathroom is now exposed. I would like to wrap the pipe with something to reduce noise (I know metal is quieter but I am not prepared to replace it). There's not a lot of room and since I will be closing it in the sound deadening doesn't have to be perfect. Any improvement would be welcome. Suggestions on what would work best?
Dave Gower wrote:

Don't have personal experience with this, but they have a variety of heavy-duty sound-proofing materials: http://www.soundproofing.org% snipped-for-privacy@soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html
Scroll down the page for one made just for pipe up to 6" diam.
Jim
Jim gave you the link. I suggest you consider wrapping it (or the wall cavity) in lead sheets. That will work better than most other sound reduction systems.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math