no water comes out the shower head

Hi all you clever folks, I"d like to know what it is that should keep the little nobby on my bathtub fawcet up when I want to get water to come out of my plastic hose shower attachment. It won't stay up and so no water comes out of the shower attachment.
Thanks, John
put a string on it and tie around your neck, or do it the right way replace the spout
John & / or Maryln wrote:

Does that hose shower attachment have some sort of trigger valve on it you have to squeeze to get the water to flow.
If it does, I'd expect the bathtub spout "nobby" would fall back down when you release the squeeze valve.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
John & / or Maryln wrote:

Just for fun; try pulling it up "before" you turn the water on. If that does not do it, maybe it is time for a new part.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
Cheap 5$ HD diverter spouts don`t last , an easy replacement as long as it isn`t old and rusted.

first method works ok as long as I'm trying to clean the upper half of my body but as soon as I bend down to work on anything below my waist the water stops. John

should
no
The hardware store lady tells me that they sell a lot of these so I think it's as Ranley says they just don't last very long. John