New Vistas in Toilets

It's hard to believe that American Standard had no PhD's just a few years ago. Now the company has SEVEN, deeply immersed in doo-dooing research.
I like the innovation where the toilet notices you've lifted the seat and uses just a teeny flush instead of the monstrous 1.6 gallons!
Story at: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/toilet.html?tw=wn_tophead_6
Of course the most environmentally friendly toilet is still the outhouse....
We love our American Standard Champions. But I noticed that the article does acknowledge that some of the early low-flush toilets were bad news.
And today I encountered my first waterless urinal -- about which I had read recently -- in a nearby high school, where my son was playing in a band competition. It seemed fine and didn't smell.
Perce
On 03/03/05 05:44 pm JerryMouse tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup: