New Tool

Page 2 of 2
On 2/23/2013 6:29 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Hmmm....I see DeW has a new one (to me, anyway) out, the DWS780. It's $700 and weighs almost 50% more than the DW716 (~50 lb vis a vis roughly 40).

Umm...isn't ~50 only ~25% more than roughly 40?
I guess it depends on how "roughly" you are approximating, but still, 50% is roughly a lot more than 25%. ;-)
On 2/23/2013 9:37 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Typo..the ~50 was intended to be ~60...

Ahhh....makes sense now.
The issue with miter saws is not just the weight, but the bulkiness. At least with the few I've had the pleasure of transporting, there's no comfortable way to hold them. I noticed that a lot of the new saws have built in carrying handles. My old Delta doesn't have one.
I've got mine mounted to a U shaped base made from hardwood to make it easier to clamp down, so I've also got something extra to grab onto when I carry it. It's still a pain, especially when trying to go through doorways with the extensions installed.