New Tax Credits???

The new energy tax credit appears to apply only to the cost of the materials, like new sliding doors with energy efficient glass, but not to any of the installation costs. That limit that can be appied to the 2009 is 30% of the material costs, up to a total of $1500. Am I correct in my uinderstanding?.

Depends on your location...what country your in? Province?...State? You could perhaps let the group know that first then ask again... Jim

United States, interested in federal tax rules.

covers installed price of some stuff like expanding foam insulation

I was thinking replacing daughter's sliding patio doors that have single-pane glass with thermopane doors. There might be a lot of labor costs if she replaces the entire assembly woth new frame and sliders or French doors.