New Roof - Leak from chimney edge

Hello,
We got a new bitumen roof put on last year on our low-pitch addition roof. We keep getting leaks that eminate from the outside corners where the chimney (prefab) meets the roof. It looks as though the leak starts at the outside corner, then some water runs down the middle of the roof (on the inside, where we can see it saturating certain spots in the ceiling drywall) - due to gravity, of course.
Anyone know what we need to fix here?
Our roofing company came once and put a lot of silicone caulk on the corner of the siding, but this did not help. Should we get the chimney resided, or perhaps something is going on at the top of the chimney? Note: The house is 15 yrs old, and did not receive proper maintenance before we bought it 2 years ago.
Thanks in advance, KJ

Sounds like there should be some sort of flashing applied. Either the roofer or the siding guy should be able to handle it with ease if they take a good look at the situation.
Although you say it did not get proper maintenance, in 13 years it should not have needed anything along the way to "maintain" it.
Yup, I agree.....the flashing needs to be checked. If flashing present..maybe some roofers cement covering the flashing and joints would seal it up.

responsibility to fix it and any damage it caused.
I had a similar problem with my new roof. It took several angry phone calls and threatening letters, but they finally fixed the leak (improper flashing) and paid to have the damaged ceiling repaired. Sad thing is, prior to this they were about the best contractor I have used; argh.