New Price Pfister kitchen faucet drips

I recently bought a new Price Pfister kitchen faucet (#53P-50SS). The problem was, when I turned it off, it continued to drip for about 20 seconds, before stopping. Now that is kinda annoying since it is brand new. 20 seconds is a long time. I would it expect it to stop almost immediately. I contact Price Pfister and they sent me a new head. Installed, but same problem. I contacted Price Pfister and they sent me a new cartridge. Same problem. I called again and explained the problem and asked if this was normal for this model. This time the customer service rep said, "oh yeah they will drip like that for about 2-4 weeks. Then they will stop. It has to d with the pressure." That sounded very strange to me.
Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It just sounded strange. And if it were true, wouldn't they note it in the installation, operating instructions?
Senin wrote:

We have a PP about 5 years old. About 2 yrs ago, PP replaced the spout because the threads were corroding and coming apart. It was easy to get the part, gratis, in the 'net. Recently, the cold handle started to leak. Can't even find the model number on their website. Local plumbing concern promised they would have a cartridge in soon, but I was out of town and haven't gotten back to them. I think my next faucet will come from a local supplier rather than the big box store.

Yes I had the exact same experience. The one I had was the same model you have. The PP faucet I had would not readily flow water, and just like you said, it continued to dribble just like you described after it was shut off. My house water pressure is 62 PSI. I have a full underground sprinkler system that works fine. Point is, I have no issues with water pressure. I ended up pulling that piece of crap out and replacing it. I suggest you do the same. It will not fix itself or get better. Perhaps since it's new, it's not too late to take it back?
Senin wrote:

Judging from the posts here and my own experience, it is one of life's enterprise miracles that P-F is still in business. As has been said numerous times, don't bother with the miserable thing, get rid of it now. The kindest thing we can say about P-F is that their ethics are evidently better than many of their peers. Good luck.
Joe
Senin wrote:

Judging from the posts here and my own experience, it is one of life's enterprise miracles that P-F is still in business. As has been said numerous times, don't bother with the miserable thing, get rid of it now. The kindest thing we can say about P-F is that their ethics are evidently better than many of their peers. Good luck.
Joe

They even sent me a whole new faucet. That leaked. Price F is a dog.
I finally got smart and returned the damned thing. Installed a Moen. No drip.

It runs, no drips, no errors :-)

Yea, they leak a lot too.
Jlee had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/New-Price-Pfister-kitchen-faucet-drips-246153-.htm : I also purchased the price Pfister model 53P-50SS recently and have the same problem. The faucet also has no way vary the flow. It's either full on or off. Frequently when you turn the faucet on it immediately turns itself off. There's no way to vary the flow. The free soap dispenser that came with also stopped working two days after it was installed. No wonder it was free. I would never purchase another Price Pfsiter product after the experience I've had with this model.
------------------------------------- Senin wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 247669 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
jlee_at_jarvisagencyinc_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Jlee) wrote:

My home was built around 17 years ago and fitted with Price Pfister faucets throughout. I purchased the place about 3 years ago and have had one shower faucet leak and a tub spout where the lacquer/coating was coming off. In each case, I contacted Price Pfister who were most helpful with practical advice and free replacement parts (including a $300 list price spout). I would not hesitate to use their products again. They appear to hold up pretty well and their customer service has been exemplary.

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/New-Price-Pfister-kitchen-faucet-drips-246153-.htm
I just got finished with a brouhaha with PF. Mine would droop and go off if it wasn't fully opened. At first, I called and they said the problem was plastic retaining nuts, so they sent me brass. Said they were going to send me a wrench, too but didn't. That didn't solve the problem. So, I called again. In the meantime, I discovered that I had to take off the threaded collar, making the large nuts accessible, and didn't need a wrench. They had instructed me to take needle nosed pliers and take the nut off through the top with the collar in place. When I called back, they sent one cartridge and a wrench that fit nothing. The new cartridge fixed the problem. Problem is, I have two of them, and told them I had two of them with the same problem. I guess I'm going to have to call again from a different phone number, use a different name, and get another cartridge.
Long story short, I won't be buying any more PF stuff. These are about the tenth ones I have bought for my properties or installed for other people who bought them.
For a few bucks more, you can get a Moen or a really nice other brand. Problem is, they have their own problems.
Steve
on 10/17/2007 3:39 PM SteveB said the following:

Thanks to you, I just went to the PF site and complained about the brass finish on my PF bathroom sink faucet. We'll see what they say. They claim a lifetime warranty, and since faucets don't have a life, they must mean my lifetime, and I ain't dead yet.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You actually got through on the phone? Lucky you! I am done with PF forever. Our kitchen faucet - about 5 years old - was corroding on end of spout so they sent a new one. At the time, the process was easy, about 1 yr. after we purchased it. Now the c. cartridge is trash, and I can't even find our model number on the website. I have a part number but waited on "hold" for about 15 min. before giving up. Gotta be something better - did I say it was made in China?
on 10/17/2007 4:12 PM Norminn said the following:

Sounds like mine. I can't find it either. I believe it is the Savannah bathroom sink model, only in polished brass. They have the chrome model listed, but not the brass one.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm certain; that if I ever owned a PF, it was replaced!! I won't mention American Standard bath faucets, stripped plastic handles, lack of compatible sizes to fit the stem...

I put a new Moen in over 3 years ago (?) in the kitchen sink. Not a single problem in this time. -- Oren
a really nice other brand.

I built a house, and put Moen throughout. I never touched ANY of them in the ten years I owned the house.
Steve

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/New-Price-Pfister-kitchen-faucet-drips-246153-.htm
PF = shit. I spent good money on one and got ripped off. Remove & Replace is the best fix.