New mirrors for circular-shaped medicine cabinet? [photo included]

Here's a picture of my old medicine cabinet in my downstairs bathroom, which is undergoing a partial remodel:

This is a really old (1910) craftsman style house, and I don't want to over-modernize at least certain aspects of it. For instance, I like some of the older plumbing fixtures than some of the newer stuff.

This medicine cabinet can be fixed up if I can replace the mirrors. If it's not practical to stick with the curves, I could modify this cabinet by replacing the swing-out side mirrors with rectangular mirrors (replace the sections of circles with rectangular frames and mirrors). I could also adapt the center section by cutting off the arcs on top and at the bottom and replacing the mirror with a rectangular mirror. I assume that it would be possible to have rectangular mirrors cut to my dimensions without undue expense.

Of course, I'll be stripping the old paint and repainting all the wood and probably replace the hinges, which shouldn't be a problem.

What I'm wondering is if it's at all feasible to either:

  1. Replace the mirrors with others of the same geometry and size.

  1. Have the current mirrors re-silvered.

Anyone have any links or experience with something like this? Thanks!

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Musicant

buffalobill

Most larger cities have glass shops that can take care of your problem. I would likely get new glass, but some might opt for the re-silver. Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

We have a local guy that will cut glass and mirrors to any shape -- you might just ask around locally. The rest of the back looks like... well, you have a lot of work cut out for yourself. BTW -- does the girl in the mirror know you put her picture up?

-Kev> Dan_Musicant wrote:

Reply to
kevin