New central AC odor - stumped

We just had a Carrier central AC installed (just AC with indoor air handler) and have a lingering odor present in the two rooms with exposed ductwork. The odor started during install, before turn-on, and smells rubbery or "fish" like. It's been almost 2 weeks and running the AC does not help. The curious thing is that there is no odor in the duct outlets, or other rooms, which are air-conditioned. Could duct lining in the return, or duct sealant be causing this problem?
I am pursuing this issue with the HVAC company (a well respected one) but would appreciate any expert opinions.

Gotta wonder if an installer left the remnants of his lunch in the duct..... Hey...its been known to happen
    Don't x-post this shit to alt.hvac

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.' 'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.' HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm /

The answer to your question is yes. Duct sealant and or duct insulation could be causing the smell. I doubt its the duct lining in the return, as you would smell it then from every supply outlet. You might investigate which duct sealant was used for your install.
fyi, a new roll of FSK duct wrap smells a lot like cat piss.
gofish