Neighbors' door

Page 2 of 2

Dean wrote:

You should have brought a hack saw blade.
Funny thing, I had to help a neighbor brake into her home a few days ago. Her 2 year old was inside and had locked the glass storm door when she had gone out to get the mail. As it turned out the method you used was the one that worked the easiest and least damage in that case.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Heard about a mom who handled the same situation very neatly: told the kid, "Oh, too bad, now you can't get out." Kid unlocked the door instantly.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

I think that would have worked well with a kid a little older, this one was not up to talking yet. I doubt if she knew how to lock or unlock a door.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Ex GF 2 years ago had a 2 year old girl,,,cute as hell but a true Hellion!!We used to smoke on the enclosed front porch I had then,,Frankie Blue Eyes(girls nickname)would lock us out because She was mad that She could'nt be with Us,,had to knock on My own door for one of Her older kids to let Us in!!Every hour or so!! Eventually I turned the knobs around so the lock mech was toward the porch!! Used to get comments on that!! Heh heh,never did get locked IN!! I have a deadbolt so could still lock-up when not home.. Dean
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I think you mean a jeweler's saw blade....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

That might be better, but the small hack saw blades work.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

maybe you mean a coping saw blade,or a scrollsaw blade?
A hacksaw blade is about 1/2inch wide.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

I usually grab a coping blade, but I have also used a hacksaw blade. I would consider cutting one down if needed.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I stumbled on this "pro" system today.
http://www.wedgeco.com /
Click on the "Instructions" button.
Pretty interesting technique, eh?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
To make a broken key extractor take a thin hacksaw blade like the ones that go in the 6" wire frames and break it in half. Holding the pin end choose the half that has the teeth pointing towards the pin end and grind away a good portion of the back. The remaining part with the teeth will snag the key and allow you to extract it. Sometimes there is just enough luck that putting the handle end of the key in the lock with the broken piece will allow you to gain entry before removing the piece. Dean wrote:

Good idea,,I'd probably shove the extractor in too far and then have it broken off with the key..I see the BFs car over there today,,maybe He's fixing it..It looked fairly old,,If it was Mine I'd be tempted to remove it and pound it upside down on the road till the busted key fell out!!All the while hoping it would break and I could justify a new set..I thought of trying My pocket knife tip to snag it and pry it out but I have'nt been carrying it cause the corkscrew loosened up and wo'nt stay closed,,tooo dangerous to put in My pocket!!Thanks for the extractor idea tho,,I'm gonna cut/paste it to My Familys' groupsite. Dean snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote: