Neighbor problem - dog mess

Page 5 of 5
One approach- BB gun, shoot the dog in the ass whenever you see it in your yard. It'll quickly learn to stay out.

snipped-for-privacy@compuserve.com wrote, a little heartlessly, perhaps:

Or, more humanely, try one of these ultrasonic gadgets that send out a noise above what humans can hear, but it drives dogs mental. I had great success with this, with a dog next door that barked annoyingly: it soon learned, and the people who leased that house have left now, thank Gawd.

--
Ian

One word ........... Fi-shock
Put a metal garbage can in your yard for a week. Let the dog urinate on it. Put it up on something that will insulate it from the ground like plastic tupperware containers. Hook up the juice. The next time he urinates on it, he won't go near a trash can in his lifetime, let alone come into your yard.
Can be found at Google. Does no permanent harm to the animal. Costs about $25. Hilarious as hell if you happen to be watching. Good for all sorts of critters. Legal to use on private property. One time is all it takes to completely solve the problem.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Not to mention it'll keep the homeless from going through your trash can too!

As I said, good for all sorts of pesky critters.
Steve ;-)

My father did something like that 50 years ago, he just wired the hot 110vac wire (thru a 100 watt light bulb to keep from blowing a fuse). The dog lifted its hind leg and let fly. Obviously the dog was unhurt since we could still hear it after it had run 1/2 mile ;)
--
Free men own guns, slaves don\'t
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Fi-Shock has a lot less electricity, but the result is the same. The dog will not be back.
Steve

Better to just turn on the lawn sprinkler system and soak the dog AND the owner.Less likely to get you a visit from the police,too.
Of course,if it were legal(it's not),a paintball gun would be better than a BB gun. Use non-washable paintballs,the kind for marking cattle.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

See: <http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&pD958&cat=2,51555&ap=1>

Hahaha...that's great!
Kendall
--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall /
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Best idea yet. He obviously doesn't have a fenced yard and keeps the dog inside. After dealing with a wet dog a few times, he will find it is easier to restrain the dog in his own yard.
Richard wrote:

That might just work!
GP
I can't believe this article still continues on.
Look... the whole point here is that everyone needs to do what is "right". If you follow much of the advice, you're no better than the guy, possibly worse.
Start off by talking to him.
I know, seems strange, just might work. "Hey dude, I'd appreciate it if you didn't let your cute little puppy have bowel movements in my yard."
If that doesn't work, there are legal methods you can use to get things taken care of. IF the guy does not stop at this point, it is THEN obvious that he has no respect for others, probably not himself, and needs to be politely taught a lesson. By flaming delivery maybe.
Oddity wrote:

Believe it.
http://tinyurl.com/bomgb http://tinyurl.com/7eef2

I've been thinking the same thing. Why would anyone want to escalate this into a pissing contest that might cause long-term feuding and possible legal ramifications? Here's a novel idea: try to discuss it amicablly.
If the neighbor is unresponsive, then I would start documenting and get the authorities involved. There have been a few other suggestions that would work without lowering yourself to the neighbor's level. Small wire fencing (around a foot high) or some other edging to the yard would keep dogs out. To some the fencing would be worse than the crap. The motion-sensor sprinkler is a good idea. It's not terribly subtle, but probably effective.
mark __________________________ Mark Cato snipped-for-privacy@andrew.cmu.edu

I'm sorry. Do we need your permission to continue this discussion?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Shit no! Keep shovelin' But thanks for asking.
Hire a farmer with a manure spreader filled with hog manure. Have the farmer drive up to his house and spread the manure all over his house, his porch, and his yard. Four or Five tons of smelly hog manure should make yor point.
Someone did this several years ago at one of the state capitols because of laws being used to harm farmers. They made their point ! :)
Mark