Need Suggestions for Best Primer, Paint, Brush Combo

I am going to install french doors in our formal dinning room that have a glass panel with wood stiles and rails. The stiles and rails are unfinished wood that I plan to paint gloss white. What is the best primer, gloss paint and brush combo to use. I am only a typical DIYer and would like to know what combo will give me the best finished product without a Phd in painting 101.

Thanks

Reply to
AR

Years ago oil would have been the best choice. Before that, oil with lead in it for a very high gloss white.

Visit a good paint dealer and talk to hem. Not the pain clerk at Wal Mart or Home Despot, but the guy around the corner that has been there for 20 years. He'll set you up with the best options.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski