small 'bulging bay windows' for plants, to replace single hung window,called what?

greenhouse or garden windows.

Reply to
G Henslee

Try here:

PanHandler

what're they called? those little windows that 'bulge out from' (about a gfoot or so) from where the original single hung kitchen sink window WAS? the kind of window bay you put little potted plants inside?

I can't FIND these things online at -either- of the 'big box' stores, though I -know- they sell them....

Reply to
dave

They are typically called "garden windows" and the big box stores don't stock them. They may special order them or you can try a "real" window store.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

They are called "garden windows" and a google search will turn up lots of them. The pinhead who built our house put one on the west side of the house where it catches the full afternoon sun. The temperature in there gets to about 135 degrees in the late afternoon and even cactus shrivels up and dies. I replaced all of the glass with Low-E and got the temperature down to a chilly 130 degrees. The only thing it's good for is that a pound of frozen hamburger will thaw in 30 minutes or less if placed on one of the shelves.

It would probably work well on the east side of the house where it would catch the morning sun but be in the shade from about 11:00 AM on. Please consider your climate and the sun exposure before making an expensive mistake.

John

Reply to
John‰]