Need Recommendation for Electric Dryer

My old dryer is shot. Looking at new ones and all the mumbo jumbo features lists. Is there any of these feature worth paying extra for ? What manufacturer do you recommend. Automatic dry control , if it's what I think it is, could save money if it prevents running the dryer longer than necessary. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
JB

Consumer reports usually covers this in great detail.

Reply to
C G

This is Turtle.

I'm not in the drier business but have had this discussion with my fellow works on them for the last 30 years. he said get Whirlpool / Roper and get the lest amount of buttons as possible. If you want the dry sencer well ok but it means more buttons but does save a little on run time.

Not my words but my drier washing machine man's words.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Kenmore Elite..Model #63942. We just bought a new home and checked and researched all the appliances. This one came up for the excellent and best in everything AND its an energy saver and many states give rebates for Energy Star products. I love it! Keep in mind I always had Maytag, and I was really 'stuck' on getting Maytag now, but after researching (Consumers Reports, etc)..Kenmore was the best choice.

Good Luck! MJ

Reply to
AdorHm