Need Help With Stuck Steam Pipe

I have an old house that uses steam heat. I installed tile in my first floor bathroom and I need to replace the steam pipe because it's too short. After hours of trying, I reallly mangled the end of the pipe with a pipe wrench. The other problem is the pipe is encased in concrete, because the bathroom is an add-on. The pipe is 8 inches into the concrete. I can get to the beginning of the pipe, but not the elbow that is stuck.
How can I remove this stuck steam pipe? Is there a tool that will go down into a steam pipe and grind it away from the inside? A cutting torch is not long enough and seems dangerous.
Thanx

short.
not
You wont like this, but from someone thats had to repair many a gas/steam/water piping section due to actions like this...
There is a way to properly remove the pipe...
It involves removal of the concrete from around the pipe, and larger pipe wrench...and from the sounds of your situation, removal of alot of tile. Once you have hammered out around the pipe, vac'd out all the loose material, and removed the pipe, it would be wise to have a section of PVC larger than the pipe cut to use as a liner, and replace the section, then, concrete back around and level.
Vito Cavallo wrote:

Not sure I have a clear picture... If the pipe is stuck to the concrete, drill a few holes in the concrete around the pipe, then chisel the concrete or whack the pipe to loosen it. If you force a solid steel rod into the pipe, you can apply more force on the pipe wrench. If the pipe is frozen in the Elbow, something else may break when you force it.
If all else fails, cut the pipe off at the floor and use a Sawzall blade to cut the remaining pipe vertically. That will weaken it so you can crush it and extract. That won't work if the El is way below floor level.
Jim
The pipe can move freely up and down in it's concrete coccoon. It's just that the elbow is 8" into it's coccoon. Sawzall blade sounds like the trick.
Thanx
On 11/4/03 9:00 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@nls.net, "Speedy Jim"

Hi. This week I'm an expert pipe fitter. The last time I had a steam pipe stuck in my ass I had to go to the union hall and have it removed. The union gays lined up for blocks to get a chance at that one! Take my advice and enjoy it as long as you can. It will work it's way out eventually.
--
Christopher a. Bung
Learn more about Gay Mormon Boys
Stormin Mormonn wrote:

No. what's obvious (to the 3-4 readers that haven't killfiled you yet) is that you are an insignificant, insecure little toad that hasn't decided upon a career yet.

And, you are a hypocrite.
--
Liam

What a fuck up