Need Help w/ Inceiling Lighting

I'm gutting my end of group rowhouse including ceilings. There is only a 7" space between the bottom of the 2nd floor subflooring and the furring strips that'll support the first floor sheetrock ceiling. . Is that enough room to install inceiling lighting? Which make/model inceiling lights are best if there's enough room to install them.
TIA,
Mike
Mike wrote:

You should be able to find low-profile direct contact recessed cans. They have to be the ones that can contact insulation, etc. so they don't pose a fire hazard. I'd check out the local home depot or lowes to see what they have.