I have a 1979 Maytag gas dryer and it only feels like igniting the gas
every other load - I have to open the little door and jiggle the wires
the thing starts to glow and fire up the gas...Other
times it just spins cold, wet clothes for an hour. Sometimes I try to
wipe off the thing at the end of the gas pipe that glows and get
slightly electrocuted for my trouble...
I had similar wiring issues with an old caddy power window motor. I
drowned the thing in WD40 and then the window worked fine...
So I am thinking some compressed air and a *bit*
if WD40 on the wiring
connectors after I get in there and confirm there are no loose
Anything else I should be checking? I really don't feel like going
for a new gas dryer...