Need help with Cove Lighting

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some design ideas / help for building cove lighting in my dining room. The room is approximately 13x11 with 10ft ceilings and I already have electrical outlets on each wall about 18 inches from the ceiling. Floor & trim are both hickory with little detail so a really ornate cove light would be too much. I am also planning on using hickory for the cove lights.

My original thought was to make "boxes" about 8x8 and about 12 inches high that would go in each corner. The cove lights would then butt into these boxes and I would avoid having to cope the ends. I was hoping each wall peice would go up as one complete length with no joints which would make the coped joints harder. Bottom line is I don't know what to do right now!

Anybody have any ideas, pictures, or thoughts of cove lighting you've seen or built? I'd appreciate any and all help.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Berguson