need electricity outside

hey,
i needs some electricity outside my house for a wireless security camera. does anyone make an electrical outlet/socket which would screw into where a lightbulb would normally go?
i don't know if i'm explaining this in an understandable manner... i have an outdoor porch light that has a pretty big vented glass globe which is under an overhang. it would be perfect if i could just take out the bulb and screw in a device that would allow me to plug the camera into where the bulb used to be (boy, do i sound stupid here or what?).
anyway, i did a search for "screw-in outlet" and "screw-in socket" and came up with nothing useful. does anyone make such a device and if so, what is it called? are they safe?
thanks,
sammy
How bout this: http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/leviton-pull-chain-lampholder-with-2-outlets-p-20157.html?refB

No, I thought such a thing would be great for my Christmas lights, too, and I was happy to find they do make them. I just bought it at one of the big hardware stores. Every December, I trade my side door light for a plug for the extention cord.
nancy
sammy wrote:

Here 'tis:
http://tinyurl.com/2upb5d
As far as "safe" goes, they won't supply a ground to whatever is plugged into them, but you could run a separate ground wire to the box which the outdoor light is mounted on. Or. use a CFCI breaker on that circuit.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

These things are available most places electrical stuff is sold. I don't know what it's called, just what it looks like.
The socket will limit available current. This is often 2A or 5A. Either should be plenty for your camera.
Putting a GFCI on that circuit is a good idea.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Readily available at hardware, home stores, or even wal-mart.
There are even ones with abuld socket so you don't lose the light.
However, all the ones I have seen are for use indoors, not sure that using it outdoors is advisable. In a well protected area (as you described) it may be ok.