Need advice - bathroom project

I'd like to add texture to the walls in the bathroom using the following formula. There's not much of a mildew problem in that room except on the wall over the tub. I'd like to mix fungicide with spackle, tempera powder (paint) and add tiny colored stones such as that used in a fish tank. I would apply it with deliberate brush like strokes. Will the fungicide be enough to prevent mildew in the bathroom area? Will the fungicide need to be applied every year? Thanks

There is no safe application that I am aware of that will correct a mold problem for any reasonable length of time. The proper solution is to get the area dry and then keep it dry.
Why is the wall over the tub supporting mold? Is there a leak?
Do you have an exhaust fan?
What Fungicide. Get Bleach, it kills mold-fungus-a plant or whatever it is. If the "environment" is the same , the mold will like it and come back to visit.
The mildew that is there is only the size of a pin head and there are about 5 or 6 of them. Not much at all. I'm impressed considering that the paint used seems to be waterbased. I think that the mold that is there is because we didn't always bother to take precautions of keeping the curtain open and using the exaust fan. I could easily spray with a bleach and water mixture each week when cleaning.
Charles Schuler wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I do texture bathrooms, but not bathroom with showers and tubs in them. Texture holds moisture. I also use a semi gloss paint in wet areas and a bath fan!
RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"