Nearly three feet

Page 3 of 4
On 2013-11-04, tom wrote:

AIUI, the ones growing wild in Florida are considered toxic.
http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/node/133
--
If hard data were the filtering criterion you could fit the entire
contents of the Internet on a floppy disk. --- Cecil Adams
On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

I don't think I'd heard of that plant until today. I giggled a little because it reminded me of "air biscuit".
--
Most Americans are too civilized to hang skulls from baskets, having
been headhunters, of course, only as recently as Vietnam.

It's Florida's version of Kudzu.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

On 2013-11-04, Tony Cooper wrote:

I thought Florida had actual kudzu.
--
Disagreeing with Donald Rumsfeld about bombing anybody who gets in our
way is not a crime in this country. It is a wise and honorable idea

We may be so blessed, but I'm not aware of it as a problem in Central Florida. Of course, if it's like the air potato vine, I may wake up tomorrow and find my house engulfed.
I wonder about a kudzu plant and an air potato plant fighting over the same tree. Which would win, and would the winner strangle the loser?
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper wrote:

LOL That's funny!
--
Jenn

Tony Cooper filted:

I wouldn't advise doing the experiment...they may decide to join forces....
Arizona's version of kudzu is apparently the quagga mussel....r
--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.
On 2013-11-05, R H Draney wrote:

Do you get many of those in your garden?
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Adam Funk wrote:

Rising damp can be a real problem.
--
Les (BrE)
Wenn's Arscherl brummt, is Herzerl g'sund (anon)
On 2013-11-05, Leslie Danks wrote:

Nonsense, Miss Jones!
--
Master Foo once said to a visiting programmer: "There is more
Unix-nature in one line of shell script than there is in ten

Are the blue ones of poorer quality than the original Gopher(tm) brand red ones?

Could you please tell me which one you use, where you got it and how it is better?
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her

Dunno. I've only seen the blue one at Harbor Freight.

It has an aluminum shaft, better grip, and much better grasping jaws. I don't remember where I purchased it, though. I think it was about $15.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

On 11/3/2013 8:22 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Your three posts bring it to 21 feet!
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 19:22:58 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

"If I tell you three times, it must be true"?
--
"The difference between the /almost right/ word and the /right/ word
is ... the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."

I don't think that the end of your thumb is the length of your reach.
--
MY MOM IS NOT DATING JERRY SIENFELD Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF06

On 11/3/2013 5:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

Sounds reasonable. They should probably just list the length.
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

I think that's what they measured. From tip to tip is nearly 3 feet.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I still think you should quit kicking your cat's balls. That's gotta' hurt!

Sounds like a girl I dated in High school.......
but what they conceal is vital."
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:51:11 -0800, Daniel Prince wrote:

28 inches is nearer two feet than three. I agree with your conclusion.
But I don't agree with your 90% reasoning. 90% of a mile could be described as "nearly a mile", but I don't think 90% of 36 inches could be described as "nearly 36 inches". "Nearly", to me, implies that the actual measurement is close to the stated measurement AND closer than to the next convenient division either way.
In other words, "nearly a yard", "nearly three feet", and "nearly 36 inches" are not the same measurement to me. They admit of progressively less deviation from the exact measurement.