Nearly three feet

Page 1 of 4
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The distance was less than 28 inches. I think that something described as "nearly" should be at least 90 percent of the size/length of what it is being compared to. Ninety percent of 36 is 32.4. Twenty-eight is less than 78 percent of 36.
I think that Harbor Freight Tools is being deceptive when they describe this grabber. What do you think?
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

I think you're trolling.

I think they should list the tool's length as being "nearly one arshin".
An arshin is a old Russian measurement equal to 28", so they'd be less mendacious than they seem now.
--
Tegger

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:51:11 -0800, Daniel Prince

The tool is made in a country where the people's feet are much smaller than American feet.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

On 11/03/13 06:49 pm, Tony Cooper wrote:

But the "Chinese foot" measure is actually 1.094ft.
Perce
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:02:32 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

You have obviously not purchased shoes made in certain countries recently. If you take a size 9 in an American shoe, you will need a size 10 or 10.5. Obviously, this is because the maker's feet were smaller. Their lasts are based on their feet.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

My feet seem to have kept growing.
From ages 13-30 I used to take size 8.
Now only size 11 will do.
--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa

Did you change shoe-size scales around the age of 30?
--
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." - H. L. Mencken

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 03:10:20 +0000 (UTC), Lewis

Yes, we went metric.
But those sizes had three digits, and they soon went back to single digit sizes, but the old ones were too small.
--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
On 11/4/2013 12:28 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Which countries do you have in mind?
Based on the info at http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_mens.htm
I can't see any shoe size measurement systems that fit your description.
Inexpensive imported shoes are typically made to American specs and labeled with American shoes sizes. I don't rule out occasional snafus but systematic size-label error is very rare.
Tak
Tak To snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.eduxx
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be 7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)
Don
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be 7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)
Don
On 11/3/2013 4:51 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

Actually, they underestimated it. 28" down, 28" up, and 28" out would be 7 feet! You got a bargain so don't complain.:-)
Don
On 11/3/13 7:22 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Times 3. That was 21 way back when I was in school.
On 11/3/2013 7:43 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

There could be more of the same coming because it keeps telling me that the server could not be reached thus it was not sent...see what happens with this one. Heck, it could be 42 feet once they all get there!
On 11/3/13 8:35 PM, IGot2P wrote:

I got the same thing for a few minutes. My settings were supposedly wrong although I haven't changed anything for almost a year.
On 11/3/2013 8:45 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

I think sometimes posting using aioe.org that issue happens. It may have nothing to do with your settings at all.
--
Jenn

On 11/3/2013 8:49 PM, Jenn wrote:

Well, no matter what the problem was that Harbor Freight Grabber got out there a lot further that was expected...think I will buy one. :-)
Don
On 11/3/2013 9:26 PM, IGot2P wrote:

We have one of those Harbor Freight grabbers, too. Recently, I purchases some solar string lights for the yard at HF.
--
Jenn

Don't, if it's that blue plastic one. I bought one. There are better ones available.
I use one - a better one, now - when I pick up the fallen branches, pine cones, and potato plants from my yard before mowing the grass. It saves bending over multiple times.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL