Natural Gas Pressure

Page 2 of 2
About gas vs electric: Much boiler-fuel is NG. Do you think that'll affect electric rates?
Anyhow, for various simple physical reasons, in most areas, a BTU delivered via NG costs about 1/4 that delivered electrically.
Let's see what Katrina brings. Where'd you hear 15%? Think 70+, depending.
HTH, J

Thats here in BC. I have seen the +70% figure relating to NGas for somewhere in the Midwest this Winter, on the news.
in ky our nat gas pressure is 30 on inlet and 4 pounds on the outlet. you could put a good guage on it to check it. but most of the burner/pilot problems like yours that i have had were fixed by taking the burner assembly out and blowing it out with compressed air. lucas
Personally I would just replace the old water heater myself since it's already way out lived it's normal life and is most likely full of lime and calcium. Having said that it is very easy to check the manifold pressure on a water heater at the provided plugged pressure port. In fact you can make a water column gauge with a piece of 1/4" plastic tube marked in one inch increments from the bottom and a tall bottle of water. Like I said, I wouldn't even bother on a WH that old.. Most all newer residential water heaters do not have a PRV but are designed to operate off of normal house gas pressure.
By the way, Stretch and Turtle both know what they are talking about, the other troll just likes to type the "F" word and cause trouble all the time.
I've been doing this stuff for a living for over 37 years myself.