National do not call list

Page 1 of 2
Does a religious based caller selling a product for profit have to comply with the do not call list?
i got a call tonight trying to sell cemetary plots. their caller id was marked private. they called during my dinner.
this group treated me and my family very poorly when i was a kid. my mom was a single parent. the church posted the donation amount inside the church. we were broke.......
the call ended poorly, the sales lady after hearing what happened to me and my family said i was possed by the devil.
i suggested she works for a corrupt organization.
i would like to report tham for a do not call infraction

I suspect it must, but I'm quoting and quoting below and don't find the answer. Were they trying to sell cemetery plots in the church's own cemetery? If they don't own the cemetery, it seems like they would be a 3rd party caller for a cemetery that might have to obey the rules. Or if they do own the cemetery but a 3rd party service was calling (as happens with the volunteer fire deparatment all the time, I hear) they're not covered. Hmm. I just realized I could get them to stop calling. AIUI, the commission they charge is high. .
At any rate, even if they were not covered, if you tell them you dont' want them to call again, they have to stop. I think, even if they're a charity.
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0108-national-do-not-call-registry
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/qa-telemarketers-sellers-about-dnc-provisions-tsr
What calls are covered?
The do not call provisions of the TSR cover any plan, program or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes calls by telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who are paid to provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers.
The National Do Not Call Registry covers intrastate telemarketing calls under the FCC’s rules. You can find information on the FCC’s regulations at www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/.
What types of calls are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry?
The do not call provisions do not cover calls from political organizations, charities, telephone surveyors, or companies with which a consumer has an existing business relationship.
Do the do not call provisions of the TSR cover calls soliciting money for charities?
Charities that are calling on their own behalf to solicit charitable contributions are not covered by the requirements of the national registry. However, if a third-party telemarketer is calling on behalf of a charity, a consumer may ask not to receive any more calls from or on behalf of that specific charity. If a third-party telemarketer calls again on behalf of that charity, the telemarketer may be subject to a fine of up to $16,000 .

The church required a donation in order to ??? and your mother didn't have the money and ???. I don't want to pry, but you seem to want to explain, but I don't understand.

LOL.

https://www.donotcall.gov/
and
Filing a complaint
You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:
File a complaint online By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL: 1-844-432-2275 By mail (please include include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):
Federal Communications Commission Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division 445 12th Street, S.W. Washington, DC 20554
On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 10:02:28 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

tthe cathoic church back in the 1960 published each familys donation is a parish newsletter and actually posted the amount donated each week by each family inside the church .
i was part of a single parent family, before it became popular....
my family my mom. me 6 years old and my grandma had near no money....... family gave us food.
i blame the catholic church, i got beat up as a kid because we werent a good catholic family since we didnt have the bucks todonate to the church.
i actually found the repaired places in te brick walls where the signs were attached

Wow.

Wow.

Well, I've read many of your posts and normally you seem like a pretty well-adjusted guy with a pretty good life. You deserve it.
On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 9:29:37 PM UTC-6, bob haller wrote:

urch. we were broke.......

family inside the church .

Bob, I will take you at your word, I have never heard of anything like this happening. The worst of heard of large parishes are fund drives where you were required to sell raffle tickets. And this was second-hand information. Even the K of C don't require you to buy or sell all your raffle tickets. Just sell what you can and return the rest.
On 2/10/2016 9:29 PM, bob haller wrote:

:( That's horrible.
--
Maggie

On 2/10/2016 10:29 PM, bob haller wrote:

This is true, 50's, 60's and even into the 70's. I was brought up as Catholic by devout Catholic parents who were publicly shamed by the meager contributions my father could afford.
I could go on but I will leave it at that.
John
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 9:22:36 AM UTC-5, John wrote:

we pay the NSA billions to spy on us.
We should enlist the NSA police the do not call list.
This should be a piece of cake for them.
On 2/11/2016 9:24 AM, John wrote:

Perhaps they had not heard of the parable of the widow's mite?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 8:32:08 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

...or the people that did the shaming, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". "Do as you would have it done to you".
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 9:38:22 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

and the catholic chruch stood by and faciliated it. i got beat up by other kids because we werent a good catholic family...
and lets not forget the cathoic church protected pedophiles
On 2/11/2016 8:38 AM, bob_villain wrote:

It's sad what what some people have done and used religion as a reason for doing it.
--
Maggie

On 2/11/2016 9:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I would ask them but they are dead now.
Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us?
John
On 2/11/2016 10:22 AM, John wrote:

Most people who lived in the fifties and sixties are rather elderly. And many are dead. I don't think writing on a Usenet list will enlighten the Catholic church at that time.
The parable of the widow's mite is told in some Christian churches (such as Mormons / The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Are you inviting me to share the parable with this usenet list?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 10:44:20 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

please do.
While I almost never go to church, mostly social thing like weddings and funerals.
my exprience with. After a near death exprience. i decided to help others.
have on multiple occasions taken in homeless people we know. house fires etc... have helped a friend with a inner city minestries....
lots of wierd helping people.
I TRULY believe the following, its not where you go on sunday, its how you live the rest of your life....... try to help others

On 2/11/2016 10:52 AM, bob haller wrote:

inner city minestries....

try to help others

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/mark/12.41-44?lang=eng#40 41 ¶And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. =============================== My view of this parable, is that donations can be judged based on the wealth of the donor. A person who is poor might be more generous with a few cents than a wealthy man who donates largely.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/12/2016 7:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I agree. It's a fairly well known parable and most everyone I'm familiar with interprets it exactly the same way.
--
Maggie

On 2/12/2016 11:17 AM, Muggles wrote:

I'll admit, I was mildly surprised the other poster didn't recognize. But, well, perhaps he was being polite and giving me the floor.
So, there is at least one thing Christians agree? That's astounding. Next thing you know, people will stop bashing Mormons?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/12/2016 4:24 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

:)
--
Maggie

On 2/12/2016 8:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes. I see that often. Many times people with little are very willing to share what they have and help others. Not just money. Split a lunch, give a ride, sleep on the sofa, etc.