National do not call list

I would ask them but they are dead now.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us?

John

Reply to
John

Simplest thing to do, if you feel a need to converse with them, is to tell them busy and ask for a number where you can call them back :)

Reply to
SeaNymph

if they hadnt locked out their caller id, i wouldnt of answered the call.

i tried calling them this am but no one answered

Reply to
bob haller

Most people who lived in the fifties and sixties are rather elderly. And many are dead. I don't think writing on a Usenet list will enlighten the Catholic church at that time.

The parable of the widow's mite is told in some Christian churches (such as Mormons / The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Are you inviting me to share the parable with this usenet list?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

please do.

While I almost never go to church, mostly social thing like weddings and funerals.

my exprience with. After a near death exprience. i decided to help others.

have on multiple occasions taken in homeless people we know. house fires etc... have helped a friend with a inner city minestries....

lots of wierd helping people.

I TRULY believe the following, its not where you go on sunday, its how you live the rest of your life....... try to help others

Reply to
bob haller

Per bob haller:

I would advise not to waste your time.

I have a small pile of lame-sounding letters from the Pennsylvania DA's office responding to my complaints to the effect that telephone solicitors are now effectively beyond the law to the extend that they are located offshore and/or use hard-to-trace VOIP to make their calls.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I use the free call interception service at

When your phone rings, it also rings at Nomorobo. Nomorobo searches its database and if the calling number is on their block list, their computer answers the call and provides an appropriate message to the incoming call. Otherwise it lets the call continue to ring your phone.

It does ring once on your telephone but after that, peace. Your telephone service has to support Simultaneous Ring Service (e.g. Verizon FiOS) which allows the incoming call to ring at both your home and Nomorobo at the same time. It only works with Residence lines, not Business lines.

Reply to
Arnie Goetchius

This will solve your problem.

Paintedcow

know. house fires etc... have helped a friend with a inner city minestries....

sunday, its how you live the rest of your life....... try to help others

41 ¶And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. 42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. 43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living. ================================

My view of this parable, is that donations can be judged based on the wealth of the donor. A person who is poor might be more generous with a few cents than a wealthy man who donates largely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Many people share your belief. And being good to others is a noble way to live. My belief is that God has given us commandment and ordinances which are essential. So, doing good is a start. But, there is much more to be done. Baptism, confirmation, endowment, sealing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Per snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo:

I am assuming that page is offering up various downloadable SIT codes.

If that is the case, I would offer up that I've had the "Not In Service" SIT code in the beginning of my answering machine's message for several years - and I am still getting a ratio of about 5 robocalls/solicitors to every legit call.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I agree. It's a fairly well known parable and most everyone I'm familiar with interprets it exactly the same way.

Reply to
Muggles

Yes. I see that often. Many times people with little are very willing to share what they have and help others. Not just money. Split a lunch, give a ride, sleep on the sofa, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'll admit, I was mildly surprised the other poster didn't recognize. But, well, perhaps he was being polite and giving me the floor.

So, there is at least one thing Christians agree? That's astounding. Next thing you know, people will stop bashing Mormons?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is a paradox, some folks with little material goods are far more generous than the wealthy. Just as you describe. Perhaps humble people are closer to God?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

:)

Reply to
Muggles

Per Uncle Monster:

About 40 years ago when I subscribed to Time magazine, I gave my name as "Peter Garbage".

I think the junk mail for Peter Garbage persisted for at least 15-20 years after the subscription expired.

I was just living for the day when some telephone solicitor asked to speak to Peter Garbage - so I could get all indignant and yell "It's

*NOT* Garbage, it's Garbaaaahhhage!!!"

I waited and waited but, sadly,the call never came....

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)