name for type of electric switch

want to make Google search but need name for device. I need an AC switch that will automatically cut on and off every second. It is needed to open and close a circuit consisting of eight 15 watt bulbs simultaneously every second. What is such a switch called? Frank Georgia
Frank Thompson wrote:

Flahser?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Aye.........sounds like you need an timer flasher....something like this perhaps? Link below.
http://www.amperite.com/Uploads/dfa.PDF

It's called a "cycle timer" . The time interval is usually controlled by a dial, but there may be some with fixed time intervals. You could also do it with an interval time relay

Controller
--
:)
JR

I've heard of this kind of switch, but not every second though. What I was told was an "Emergency Flashing Switch". This switch is used to help emergency services identify your home when needed. You flick it a couple of times and then outdoor lights flash on and off.
Is this what you are talking about?
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com