Nails are too short

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?

If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to the nails.

Reply to
Edward.Handy

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90=BA.

-- =

Using Opera's mail client:

Dean Hoffman

Duct tape and reed ropes are my choice.

Reply to
Steve Stone

...cut the heads-off and use a brad punch to set them deeper.

Reply to
bob_villa

Yep

I agree, leave the nails as they are

and just use thinner boards

Reply to
philo

cut boards in half, nail first half on, then nail the second half on.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Drive one nail in, then drive another in behind the first one.

Reply to
Retired

BernzOmatic. He may find he won't need to use the nails at all.

Reply to
Mark Storkamp