Nails are too short

I'm building a wall using 2x4s. The nails I have are too short, but I only need about 2 pounds of nails and I have 5 pounds. Should I just cut the tips off half the nails and attach them to the other (uncut) nails?
If so, should I weld them to the other nails, or can I just duct tape them on? Or would super glue or epoxy work better to attach the tips to the nails.

ut

?

That's too much work. Turn the 2x4s 90.
-- Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
On 10/11/2015 06:44 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Yep
I agree, leave the nails as they are
and just use thinner boards

BernzOmatic. He may find he won't need to use the nails at all.
On 10/11/2015 7:08 AM, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Duct tape and reed ropes are my choice.
On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 6:10:20 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

...cut the heads-off and use a brad punch to set them deeper.

cut boards in half, nail first half on, then nail the second half on.
On 10/11/15 7:08 AM, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Drive one nail in, then drive another in behind the first one.