My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze

People who have not seen what misery Racoons can cause have not the faintest idea. These same people would send missiles to kill a terrorist 5000 miles away but kiss a terrorist racoons butt with love and tenederness.

Picture your $ 40,000 dollar boat stored on your property and all covered up for the winter. Spring time, you remove the layers and what you find? A completely destroyed interior...cushions, seats, wiring, cupboards...ripped apart like you have never seen... finished and not worth saving. I cannot think of a worse and more useless animal in existence than a bloody racoon.... destroying all traces of it would be of no objection to me at all. A whole family spending all winter in my boat with faeces all over...my God...you just have no idea what it feels like.

Reply to
Gonebonkers

Due to our local TROLL who keeps reposting old messages from the past, using FlashNewsgroups.com, this 2009 post is not worth responding to. The raccoon is just a pile of bones by now.

Do not reply to any posts from caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_****@example.com (the "*" numbers change with every post)

FWD all posts to: snipped-for-privacy@flashnewsgroups.com

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Obviously you've never spent quality time with porcupines.

Reply to
rbowman

The Jack Ass is the person posting that message; probably someone who lives in an apartment and doesn't have to deal with these monsters. Raccoons are huge rats and they should sell raccoon poison just like they sell mouse and rat poison. They do nothing beneficial and only make messes going through garbage cans and vegetable gardens.. I put a huge rock on my can this evening and the one who has been prowling around and eating anything it can still managed to turn the can over and pull all the garbage out. There was no food in the garbage but it still went through the bags and left a huge mess for me to clean. A few years ago a family managed to climb through the eaves into the attic and made it their home. It cost me $900 to have them removed and the area closed off. Since the City is doing nothing about culling these pests then we have to do it ourselves. Antifreeze works and have gotten rid of a few but still more still come around. I soak old bread with antifreeze in a plastic bag and then leave it out for them. There's also some poisonous plants such as rhubarb leaves which are suppose to work but never tried it. They use to make raccoon coats and hats; why don't they do that again and get them off our properties? If anyone can tell me what raccoons do which is positive and worthwhile, I would love to know!

Reply to
Mari Carlo

Annoy the piss out of you?

Reply to
rbowman

Do you have dog? To prevent animals eat anti-freeze, it's taste is very bitter, not sweet any more. Any animals have a spot in eco-system. When eco-system is ultimately ruined, guess who is next and last? You and me. We live near wilderness park, often there comes all kinda animal in our yard. We have dog(s) always.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

replying to none, TexasTrill wrote: Till yo ass has been attacked in your own home don't say shit peta bitch dogs and cats have right but f*ck a racoon I agree with Jack and I have kids so what's more important a filthy dangerous racoon or kids but your peta so I know your answer

Reply to
TexasTrill

replying to Gonebonkers, TexasTrill wrote: Amen someone finally telling it how it is I agree 100% with you

Reply to
TexasTrill

replying to Mari Carlo, Barry Mildew wrote: Best of all the statements I have read on this subject ... So far !! Thanks

Reply to
Barry Mildew

replying to Way Back Jack, Bob wrote: If it does contain the bittering agent or you suspect that it does, add something to sweeten it, I have? a coon that I have been hunting for a week, won't go in a havahart trap, reaches in through the wire, digs under it, flipped it over, I have staked it down with cement bricks on all sides, covered? it ECT, and still it gets the bait and doesn't spring the trap, I have a garden and soon chickens that will be 20' from where it prowls, it got into the trap 3 times yesterday 1 time while I was running a trip line to catch it, sneaky

******. I didn't want to but seen no other choice, so I mixed antifreeze with the bittering? agent, brown sugar, powdered sugar, honey, until it was like a paste then some milk, 3 slices of bread, 1 can cat food and half a jar of peanut butter, note I used a lot of antifreeze, about four cups worth, they say it only tskes a couple table spoons, but hey I wanted to make sure, I put a bowl inside the cage trap with the blended mixture, a closed it so no cat or other animals could get it only what has been getting all the stuff in my would be compost pile and reaching in the trap, so this morning bowl was completely empty, so I'd say it was a success. Hopefully this battle will be over. Good luck to anyone that does the same, ohh and throw away anything that the antifreeze touches of course
Reply to
Bob

replying to Way Back Jack, gcs wrote: this is disgusting. raccoons are highly intelligent, sentient animals with family structures. the onus is on all of you to proof your homes and properties. so tired on the mad dash to pass on accountability to someone or something else in this nation's society. look at yourself first. saddest bunch of snowflakes ever who can't take responsibility for humane, preventive measures (locks on cans like when camping). you encroached on them. not the other way around.

Reply to
gcs

How to BBQ a coon:

Bud

replying to Red Green, Coonkiller wrote: You DID GOOD JACK!!! Red Green I hope you get Raccoons like I did that destroyed $400.00 in bird feeders, tore up my back door screen, broke 4 hummingbird feeders in the $25-30 range EACH. I first live trapped them and relocated. The Wild Life people said they will die anyway because they do nor eat out of their own territory, I trapped and shot 3 in the head with a .22 and enjoyed every minuet of it. I hope I can get them to eat some antifreeze! The wild life people won't come get them. The Sheriff office said do what you have to do. So Red Green, I will send them to you to love and kiss and feed and you can loose over $1,000.00 in your yard and let them run YOU out of your own property.

Reply to
Coonkiller

Next time perhaps, pause and take into consideration what is going on around your property before you spend money and burn up needed energy.

Certainly you noticed Raccoons were living around your property before you put in all the feeders? What did you expect to happen?

Reply to
azigni

replying to Red Green, Capo wrote: Lol

Reply to
Capo

Laws vary considerably and it is good to know those where you live. Where I live you can catch and kill but not release. Last racoon I caught I was going to release in nearby PA but reading their rules and emphasis on endemic rabies around here, I killed it. One scratch could mean a rabies shot. A woman a mile away needed one.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

replying to Red Green, Mike J wrote: oh stfu its a giant rat you moron...kill it slow

Reply to
Mike J

replying to none, Mike J wrote: seriously..effing idiots... I'm dealing with a raccoon right now feeding it answers I hope it suffers for what it's done to my house...

Reply to
Mike J

Laws vary but I doubt it is legal to poison wildlife anywhere.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

True but it's still legal for BigFarmChemInc to kill people with glyphosate.

Reply to
Marius Josipovic