My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze

Page 2 of 2
I really doubt Dexcool will do the job. It's a different chemical. Buy the cheap green stuff. You might have used too much, also. Just dampen the catfood with the green antifreeze.
D-Con, the mouse stuff, might also work. I've seen mouse poison, designed to look like wheat or grain.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:42:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Way Back Jack) wrote:

Better check about using antifreeze. Penalty could be much worse than trap and transport. A local got 60 days jail time for cruelty to animals, check your state laws.
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:42:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Way Back Jack) wrote:

Well, maybe the stuff worked after all. No evidence of rac damage from last night.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Way Back Jack) wrote:

I get raccoon damage in my garden to, but it isn't anything I can't live with. Raccoons gotta live too.
--

- Billy

How about parking yourself outdoors in a nice chair at night with the .22 and capping the animal without trapping it first? Get yourself a Sure-Fire light, designed for making targets think "What the f&&k??" and stopping just long enough to get nailed.
www.surefire.com
They're ridiculously bright.
Way Back Jack wrote:

Taste it and see. Seriously, just touch a drop to your tongue and then spit it out, it won't hurt you in that quantity.
Mouse bait would be more effective and less likely to poison someone's pet, or use compound 1080 or 1081 and be careful.
Trapping and drowning would be more humane (and should be a dignified way to go for a raccoon since they know how to drown dogs), and a lot safer. HTH
Bob
snip

snip
So one time a dumb cat got caught in the trap but you would never expect the same cat to eat the poisoned food? How about the neighbors dog?
If it is legal to poison then it is legal to trap.