My Queen Needs a New Throne

Page 2 of 2
RWS wrote:

This is Turtle.
if your buying the towlet , get a American Standard built in Pressure assist and you flush ONE time. south or $325.00 Wholesale.
If you have a towlet already and need to convert the towlet over to a PRESSURE ASSIST [ any brand ] , Get the American Standard Kit for Pressure assist of Older towlets. South of $250.00 Wholesale.
TURTLE
RWS wrote:

It's even worse: various agencies work a cross-purposes. Take your example:
The low-flush toilets are designed to save water, and they would if the government hadn't tampered with America's diet.
The health people train and insist that we eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. This type diet creates more "floaters" than the "sinkers" from eating copious quantities of red meat. The "floaters" won't go down no matter what you do - after five or so tries, you have to fish them out with toilet paper and put them in your pocket. Meanwhile, you've used 28 gallons of water and all the while your host is thinking: "Something's dreadfully wrong with Fred!"
Soon, those who keep up with this sort of stuff will realize that 1.6 gallon flushes are not accomplishing what was intended, and the government will begin mandating the use of small cardboard boxes (about the size of a kitchen match box, I imagine) for no-flush disposal. These boxes will have child-proof lids - don't get me started on the consequences of that.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:05:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aracnet.com (RWS) wrote:

We just replaced the workings of our 5+ years Gerber Flushmate. The parts were free under warranty.
The older parts still flushed, but there was a drip in the pressure tank. (It was not like a sub beyond crush depth as I had feared.)
The new flush is instantaneous, even louder than before, and Niagara-like. It will take some getting used to, for sure.
But it does outflush regular toilets. I considered the Toto brand, but asked about it after the Gerber. As Toto is a lot cheaper, I was steered away from them, even though the plumbing supply place ran ads touting the Toto name.
We have another regular toilet that I would replace with a pressure assisted one, but my family hates the noise. (I hate the Mr. DeClog bills more.)
I was told that the US law was revised and we can now ligally buy 3.5 gallon flushers. or you can buy one or two in canada and drive them back over the border.
As soon as we have some extra bucks this is a must do here