mount towel rack/magazine rack to ceramic tile

Does anyone know how one mounts a towel rack or magazine rack that Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware sell onto ceramic tile in a bathroom? Do I have to drill and if so how and with what? Or is there some sort of special cement and if so, what is it called?

Don't they give instructions with these things? They should. Generally it is easier to drill through a line of grout, rather than through the tile, if this will give you the desired height. The size bit will be determined by the anchor you are using. You do want to put adhesive (eg liquid nails) or silicone caulk into the hole before installing anchor. The hardware supplied should allow slight adjustment so that you can level the thing. Measure twice- at least- drill once.
| Does anyone know how one mounts a towel rack or magazine rack that | Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware sell onto ceramic tile in a | bathroom? Do I have to drill and if so how and with what? Or is there | some sort of special cement and if so, what is it called? |
drill into tile (not grout joint) using a spade bit made for tile.

You can get special bits for drilling tile -- they come in a variety of sizes and have a spear-like point. Not too expensive and they work well. Go slowly; oil the bit frequently with a light weight oil; and carefully use a center punch to dimple the tile surface before you start (keeps the bit from wandering and helps prevent the tile from chipping).