Motor home fire (going to need repair)

Just watching some Youtube videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
6cQF8vcCI
It occurs to me to ask. Do your wife and kids know how to operate a fire extinguisher? No telling the man of the house will be home when some thing goes wrong.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 8:41:27 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

No, men who live in trailers spend a lot of time away. <grin>
Seriously, a trailer burns so fast an extinguisher is a waste of time. You have 60 seconds max to get your loved ones out, and the wife and kids too.
On 4/27/2015 9:10 AM, TimR wrote:

60 seconds max to get your loved ones out, and the wife and kids too.

That sixty seconds provides a bit of time to get out the trusty Amerex, and do your best. I'd rather lose my trailer under a big pile of empty water cans and dry chem units. I tried, and then threw all the empties onto the embers.
On 4/27/15 6:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Looks like it could take a lot longer than 60 seconds.
On 4/27/2015 9:17 PM, J Burns wrote:

Ideally, a good shot of adrenaline, and the oldies would move faster. Thank you for a good video. I do think that testing the escape hatch is a great idea. Some thing like dielectric grease around the edges would help slow down corrosion.

what makes you think that most "men of the house" know how to properly use a fire extinguisher?
On 4/27/2015 11:16 AM, taxed and spent wrote:

You totally got me. I'd be mistaken in a huge way, shape, and form. Thank you.
On 4/27/15 8:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

<https://www.firerecruit.com/articles/1206834-Vehicle-fires-and-firefighters "One-third of the injuries in vehicle fires occur when people attempt to extinguish the fire themselves. The safest way of handling an engine fire is to wait for the fire department to arrive and extinguish it. Do not attempt to open your hood if smoke or fire is emitting from it as the increased amount of oxygen can cause the fire to accelerate."
[...]
"A noisy muffler, smoke emitting from your tailpipe or exhaust backfiring can also signal a fire hazard. Get your vehicle checked out by a mechanic so you don’t become another fire statistic."
The driver had driven to a shop because of backfiring. They told him it was okay to drive.
On 4/27/2015 12:32 PM, J Burns wrote:

Lot to be said for dump the extinguisher fully, and then get back a very safe distance.
On 4/27/15 6:23 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

<
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mac+the+fire+guy&spfreload

In the second video, about escape, Mac the Fire Guy recommends using the extinguisher on yourself.