More RO questions

I've heard a rumor that periodic unrestricted flushing of the membrane is good for the system. In other words, bypassing the flow restrictor for 5 minutes or so, perhaps once a month. Is this true? I've thought about spending a couple of bucks on a pair of tees and a valve to bypass the flow restrictor to do this, but I won't bother if I would be wasting my time.
Any thoughts on this?
Only way you'll help the filter is to replace it. Tom
Meaning: The RO filter (and it's attendant pre-filters) don't benefit from pressuring up the system. Tom
???
I'm not sure what that has to do with my question. I'm not even sure what you mean by "pressuring up the system". Are you, perhaps, responding to someone else's question? If so, please excuse my intrusion.
But thanks, anyway.
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com says...

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com says...

Do I understand correctly that are you suggesting that I change the membrane monthly? That's absurd!