Monroe County, NY, day four

County Name: MONROE, New York, USA Number of Customers Served: 282359 Number of Customers Out: 3875 Percent of Customers Out: 1.37%

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately) and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give the matter some attention. I've been bone chill cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even portable heaters don't do much.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So let me get this straight.

You've got power, you've never lost your power, and yet you're chilled to the bone inside your home.

WTF?

Reply to
Home Guy

Stormin' is our drama queen. Says he is a survivalist but no two things he says go together. And none of them make the simplest practical sense. Still, he's more amusing than what's on TV.

I also see he's back to crossposting to unrelated groups and of course, still top posting.

In his defense, I think he meant bone cold in his home some time in the past. But with him, who knows.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Yep, people with problems are often just waiting to die and Sandy was a convenient time. OTOH, it is easy to make provisions to overcome the lack of electricity. Especially with the notice given for Sandy.

For storing insulin, any icebok,with frozen containes in the bottom, a couple of layers of newspaper/towls and insulin on the top layer. Add a max/min thermoneter and you can check the temperature range. Actually analog max/mins cost about the same price as a digital man/min with a1 metre/1 yard remote sensor tail(two readings given) so you don't even have to open the icebox to check temperature range.

Even a wide mouth thermos works well. A yank guy rode his bicycle across northern Australia from coastto coast using just that and topping up with ice at each pub/bar at the end of the day.

If you are one a *PAP, a deep discharge battery to start. some *PAPs will run direclty off 12v batteries. it is the HEATED humidifier that is the problem directly. Otherwise, the decades tested battery and inverter method. Hin, get a quality multi-stage battery charger,

I'm not sure of the power demands of oxygen concentrators. Worse case is you need a generator and a long lead. OTOH, emergency fund to rent a medical oxygen cylinder for a period?

Reply to
terryc

Day five:

County Name: MONROE Number of Customers Served: 282359 Number of Customers Out: 1481 Percent of Customers Out: 0.52%

.

Day Four: County Name: MONROE, New York, USA Number of Customers Served: 282359 Number of Customers Out: 3875 Percent of Customers Out: 1.37%

Still plenty of people without power. Mine has been on, all through. And, I'm thankful. Lack of power makes for a cold house (been in the forties, lately) and also medical problems. No insulin, oxygen concentrator, Cpap, etc....

If you havn't yet got backup power, please give the matter some attention. I've been bone chill cold inside my own home. It's no fun at all. Even portable heaters don't do much.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Young?s Shop

309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Ducking the issue of your location. You are a wannabe survivalist, remote from the tragedy, posting like you know something about it and are in the thick of it.

Reply to
Winston_Smith