Infiltrator use discouraged by county

Our county health department requires us to have 150 square foot of volume in the drain field useing infiltrators! Is this typicle or is it just our county? They gave us a paper or the requirements for various sizes of infiltrator type systems, and they all seemed to require much more square footage than it seems would be nesisary. Why different requirements than for the regular clay pipe systems? Seems to me they are trying to discourage there use, but why since they work so much better and are inexpensive, so we thought anyway. We have decent soil absorbtion here in Florida and they don't do perculation tests, rather they say that the hight above sea level is the perculation test. This makes no since as soil absorbtion would have nothing to do with height above sea level, unless of course if you were at or below it. We are at about 150 foot here in our county. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
borg

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:57:37 -0700 (PDT), borg wrote Re Infiltrator use discouraged by county:

Varies by county.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I assume that in common with most of Florida your soil is mostly sand, with very little clay in it. Under those conditions a perc test is very unlikely to fail.

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

borg wrote: ...

In your portion of FL probably has virtually everything to do with it, being a good indication of distance to water table...

ps. A spell checker w/ your newsreader wouldn't be a bad idea...

--

Reply to
dpb

After reading this question Borg wanted answered I came across "a spell checker w/ your newsreader wouldn't be a bad idea." I couldn't help to think to myself how stuck up of a comment that is. No where does it state you have to have "perfect spelling" and I see no reason to use a spell checker as it is only a message board. Not like Borg is creating a web page or anything to that matter and if they were I am sure it would be perfect.

Reply to
kg4bah2000

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: ...

Help yourself to thinking what you want... :)

I only make a comment when really egregious...although in OP's case a spelling checker may not do much good when "since" is used for "sense", etc., the problem may be more deeply embedded than simply spelling...

--

Reply to
dpb

I shall help myself to thinking what I want and thank you for the permission. You making comments about other people on message boards really says a lot about yourself. Me, i'm just saying you should mind your manners. Do you go around correcting people when they pronounce their words wrong? I sure hope not because you would be one busy person because no one is perfect all the time. You must feel mightly high up on that horse of yours correcting others in message boards. Anyhow Borg, I hope you found the solution to your problem. Take care.

Reply to
kg4bah2000