Mold on shingles

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070109030307040706050506 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I have mold and probably other things growing on my shingles on the north side. I'm thinking about using bleach but I need to know how strong it should be. Thanks
--------------070109030307040706050506 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------070109030307040706050506--
HD and others sell a spray for moss-mold, I dont know if bleach will hurt the roof. Roundup should also work, but will these discolor the roof ? Look into a spray made for roofs or try an area with bleach, but it may discolor it a 10% - 20 % solution should kill it
John Lynch wrote:

Bleach will kill what is there, but it will not stop it from coming back. Commercial moss chemicals can kill what is there, a little more safely than bleach, and will help prevent it a little longer. Zink strips (them sell them for this use) will kill and prevent future mold for an extended period.
Of course if you can increase the sun and ventilation to the area, that is even better.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:22:00 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Uh, he didn't say it was a 'mobile' home.....
No, but trees can be trimmed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010701050405050501060008 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Do Zink strips need to be nailed to the shingles? Where can I find them? Thanks for the help. John
--------------010701050405050501060008 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------010701050405050501060008--
John Lynch wrote:

I have not used them myself, but here is a link
http://store.guttersdirect.com/shinshielzin.html
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math