Moen replacement parts

32, at least, year old Moen single handle shower controls leak. Can I still get replacement parts for them.
I suspect so, but at 32 years, it is much better to simply replace it. New faucets in the $100 range, and time to replace, assuming you don't have to solder something, or there isn't a lot of corrosion, about 1 hour of your time. I suspect that by this time, unless you are exceptionally lucky, that it would be badly corroded, and a PITA to take apart. Repair by replacing parts is really not an option.
professorpaul wrote:

What part of "shower control" did you have trouble with?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
professorpaul wrote:

Mine are 30 years old and still work good. If the OP's work ok but just leak at the stem, then the problem is the cartridge seal so, he needs a new cartridge. No reason to replace the whole thing unless it is corroded.
Jimmie D wrote:

Most likely...the guts tend to have remained the same. Depends, of course, on what is actually leaking and why..
As for the advice about replacing it just because it's old, disregard that. Have a houseful of single-handle faucets that are at least that old and they're all just fine. A new cartridge and/or the o-rings and replacable seats takes care of the problem.
If there is some lime buildup making them somewhat difficult for initially dissassembling them, then some hot vinegar to help dissolve the scale will do wonders.

Hell- I couldn't get replacement parts for my *3* year old Moen kitchen faucet. They did offer me a new faucet-- but no longer make one with the features that I bought this one for. [single lever, pullout with filter]
I can't find another by someone else, but I damn sure won't throw any more money at Moen. This faucet was crap- the little rubber cover that covers the filter on/off wore out in 2 years. Now the soft plastic fitting that holds the base of the faucet together is worn out.
Won't hurt to call them, though- www.moen.com .
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I have to say none of the ones I have are Moen so my experience may not hold for OP, either. :(
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

They probably don't have that faucet because it was crappy. Offering to send you a new one of a different model seems like a good deal to me.
1-800-BUY-MOEN = FREE REPLACEMENT

Jimmie D wrote:

Did you try looking on the Moen web site?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Jimmie D wrote:

a part(s) to you in 5 working days.
At that age, it probably lacks scaldguard. I have a newer Moen with scaldguard and temperature control, where I can just dial in my favorite temperature and it adjusts the hot/cold mixture to stay there even when the hot water starts to run low.
I would bite the bullet and replace that old one with a newer, safer, more useful model.