Moen 1200 Cartridge - Which way is up?

In all the post I found about replacing a Moen 1200/1225 single handle shower cartridge, none of them mentioned that if you put it in upside down, the hot will be on the right instead of the left.
I could not find anything on the cartridge itself, the instruction sheet that came with it, or anywhere else that tells you which way it should go in. I (of course) put mine in upside-down and had to pull it all out to reverse it.
I only hope that this helps someone else avoid my mistake. Or, if someone how knows about this part could post a reply to tell the rest of us how to tell which way it up.

http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/installation/moen0133/moen0133.cfm
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:22:36 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Describe what the ends look like!?? Oren --

They apparently look very much alike.

Did you see them or I miss it? Oren --
On Dec 30, 4:22pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Could it be a half turn off, or 180 degrees.
In article <9584d609-8e16-4cf5-9dbf-5dc41bcedb45
@gmail.com says...

Yep, amazing. I've done it both times I've installed the things. The first time I'd replaced the entire mixing valve and thought I'd crossed the hot and cold pipes.

It's mentioned in the instructions that came with the Moen cartridge. You didn't have to pull it, just spin it 180 degrees. The stop is on the knob, so with the knob off it turns all the way around.

Don't care. If it's wrong, just turn it 180. Then put the knob back on. ;-)
--
Keith

Just what I did. But I'm a newbie at plumbing and when it came out crossed up I thought I'd really done something terrible.
Thanks for the advice.
- Alan G -