Metal storage shed door 'sliders'?

I have two metal storage sheds and the plastic gizmos that attach to the top of the sliding doors and slide back and forth in the u-channel above the door have most of their projections broken off and make the doors almost impossible to use.

I have improvised replacements using bushings and screen-door rollers but they work poorly.

I unsuccessfully asked at Home Depot and Lowes. I tried Google with no useful hits; perhaps I used the wrong search words. Anyone have any suggested sources for these little plastic devices?

TIA

Reply to
Ken Knecht

If it's a shed made by Arrow, they have a tuneup kit for sliding doors. Link below...

Tom

"Tom" wrote in news:cBTFd.10$ul4.0@trnddc01:

Unfortunately, whoever made these sheds evidently was not very proud of them. No name that I can find. At least on the outside. I bought them used over 20 years ago.

Wonder if that Arrow kit would work? No price given or close-ups of the sliders.

Reply to
Ken Knecht

The price was $8.00 probably plus shipping. I don't think mine was made by Arrow, but it looks like it might work. I book marked this site for the future.

Reply to
Jim Rusling

Jim Rusling wrote in news:wfWFd.24570$Wo.2481 @lakeread08:

Did you find any close-up pictures of the sliders? I can't even guess if they would work or not from what I can see. Hate to spend $16 + shipping if they won't.

Reply to
Ken Knecht

No, I did capture the image and increased the size a little.

Reply to
Jim Rusling

that I put up this past Summer. However, after trudging out through the snow and one degree temperature, I see that the door panel completely hides the slides when installed. I do remember that they had one projection that fit into one hole on the door frame and then a screw that went into another hole. There were several holes to allow some adjustment and as I remember the slides were interchangeable from door to door....you simple used a different set of holes and maybe flipped the slide from right to left. If it means anything, around here (N. Ill.) most metal sheds are made by Arrow. And even my new shed has nothing to identify it as made by Arrow except a stamping on the triangular cap that goes on the peak of the roof.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom

When mine wore out I called their 800 number to find out about ordering some and they said they would send some to me free. Which they did. That was about 10 years ago.

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy