Maytag dishwasher problem

Wow. Sorry to hear all that, but thanks for the heads-up.

My Maytag dishwasher is simply awesome, but it's a different model.

Reply to
MrC1

This is a MDB8600AWW dishwasher. The LED's indicating your choice of wash do not all go on when you press on them. Normal and rinse-only work but the Autoclean only lights up when you hit the start button.

And in case anyone is considering a Maytag dishwasher, mine is a hunk of junk. It is just slightly over 2 years old. The control board was replaced early on. The motor was replaced recently. (The new motor is noisier than the old one.) The soap dispenser was replaced early on in a failed attempt to fix its repeating rinse only cycles 3 times. The middle rack bumps into the bottom rack when it is set on the lower position. Maytag replaced the slides but the new slides did the same thing because they are too weak to hold dishes so they sag beyond the intended height. It is truely a piece of junk. It is worse than the Asko I had before. At least it was quiet when it worked. Oh and Maytag now charges $125 for a service call.

Reply to
Art

Mine is an MDB7600AWW. Only about 10 months so far, but absolutely no hints of problems.

Reply to
Alan