Masonary Gring Wheel For Bench Grinder?

Is there such a thing? Haven't checked the Borg yet.

I have a few dozen 2"x2" tiles I want to get the thinset off the back best I can. Can chip some off of course.

I have a RotoZip but not sure if I would live long enough to use that.

Open to other suggestions of course.

Red...

Reply to
Red Green

Ooops!

Of course, that's masonary grinding wheel

Reply to
Red Green

I use my Fein Multimaster with a carbide blade. The triangular blade works best for this.

Boden

Boden wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

Would love one but just can't justify $200+ for a starter set up to $400 for the Top Set. I know I would end up using it for many things and it become a can't live without tool that lasts till I croak.

Make a nice incoming gift. Let's see. Birthday coming up in a few weeks. Only have a daughter around. She stopped by yesterday to borrow 20 bucks so I doubt hinting around to her would do any good :-)

Reply to
Red Green

Perhaps you'd like a masonry grinding wheel?

-snip-

I think the discs for an angle grinder would work in a bench grinder-- But for $25 you can try a Harbor Freight angle grinder- & probably make quick work of the goo once you make a jig to hold the tiles.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Actually, it's masonry - only one 'a'

Reply to
PanHandler

"PanHandler" wrote in news:Pdjsk.15407$rD2.8899 @bignews4.bellsouth.net:

And it would be even more impressive if it helped lead to a solution.

Reply to
Red Green

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9B03B52569098RedGreen@216.168.3.70:

Somewhere along the line either in this or another thread someone mentioned about a jig.

What I ended up doing was using the RotoZip with a diamond blade I had and making a jig. Using a router, out of a block of wood I cut a depression the shape and depth of a tile (not including the thinset).

Drop tile in face down,

chip any loose stuff that came easy with chisel/5-in-1 tool, then slice/cut away thinset down to board level.

RotoZip with a diamond blade actually quite easy. Thinset not really that hard. Don't even need to hold board while using RotoZip. It's still time consuming but at least no blood drawn.

Reply to
Red Green