Makita heat gun

I can't remember the model, but I do have a big heavy duty heat gun. Run it on "cool" for several seconds after doing any heat job, to cool down the heating element. Otherwise it will burn out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm considering getting a Makita variable temp heat gun, model HG1100. The local Western Tool has them for $70. Price works for me. Anyone have any experience with one?

Thanks,

Frank

Reply to
Frank Dennis

Milwaukee make a quality unit , unchanged for at least 25 yrs, and probably a better warranty.

Reply to
m Ransley

I've used a Master heat gun (HG501?) for over 20 years & I still have the brand new replacement element. that I bought with the gun.

If I needed another one I'd Ebay a used one.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

HG1100.

I have one, and for the most part it works well. (I got it to replace a pice-of-cr*p B&D that basically burnt it self up. But that's another story.) I use it a lot for stripping paint, and I find I need to set it near the max heat setting. Also, it has two fan speed settings, and I always use it on the faster setting. The one complaint I have is that the on/off switch doesn't slide very easily. I can't just hit the switch with a finger on the hand that I'm holding it with, it takes two hands to turn it on/off. That's most annoying when standing on a ladder two stories off the ground with the heat gun in one hand and a blisteringly hot scraper in the other hand. I don't know if that is a basic design problem, or if I just got a bad one.

Ken

Reply to
Ken