Makita heat gun

I'm considering getting a Makita variable temp heat gun, model HG1100. The local Western Tool has them for $70. Price works for me. Anyone have any experience with one?
Thanks,
Frank
I can't remember the model, but I do have a big heavy duty heat gun. Run it on "cool" for several seconds after doing any heat job, to cool down the heating element. Otherwise it will burn out.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Frank Dennis wrote:

HG1100.
I have one, and for the most part it works well. (I got it to replace a pice-of-cr*p B&D that basically burnt it self up. But that's another story.) I use it a lot for stripping paint, and I find I need to set it near the max heat setting. Also, it has two fan speed settings, and I always use it on the faster setting. The one complaint I have is that the on/off switch doesn't slide very easily. I can't just hit the switch with a finger on the hand that I'm holding it with, it takes two hands to turn it on/off. That's most annoying when standing on a ladder two stories off the ground with the heat gun in one hand and a blisteringly hot scraper in the other hand. I don't know if that is a basic design problem, or if I just got a bad one.
Ken