Made a mistake

My first time constructing a Recroom. I guess I can't get everything right the first time.
Anyway, I got the wiring done and proceded onto the Vapor Barrier and Gyproc. Got halfway done the walls with Gyproc and realized I forgot to pull the wire for the heater though the vapor Barrier and gyproc!! I really don't want to ruin a sheet of gyproc to get it out.
What are my options? I kinda remember where it is, it's either in one 16" length or the one next to it. Can I use that current detector to find it through the gyproc then cut a small hole to pull it out? I don't have one buy I could get a loan of my friends.
Any suggestions.
Thanks,
--
Steve

SteveC wrote:

Hi, How can you detect current if the wire is not alive yet?
Tony Hwang wrote: <snip>

Simple. The data cablers do it all the time with a tone generator and listener. http://www.lanshack.com/CableTracker-Network-ID-Toner-Probe---KIT-P2367C67.aspx?UserIDI56111&SessionID=hIwK4IioQ9m5TfQpSHCy
...thehick
thehick wrote:

http://www.lanshack.com/CableTracker-Network-ID-Toner-Probe---KIT-P2367C67.aspx?UserIDI56111&SessionID=hIwK4IioQ9m5TfQpSHCy
Hi, Of course. I have a tone generator.
SteveC wrote:

Waste the 'rock. You are talking about less than $10 (been a long while since I bought any). It doesn't even have to be the full sheet. Or just cut a good sized hole where you need it. Patching a big hole isn't much more work than patching a small one.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Along those lines...if you use a keyhole saw and angled the handle outwards, away from the hole, as you cut, the resulting piece will form a plug for the hole. In other words you can smear some joint compound on the edges put the cutout piece back in place and tape the edges. No blocking or additional cutting needed and it doesn't matter what shape you cut out.
Been there, done that. If you installed your drywall with screws, just back them out, drop the panel, find your cable and cut an opening for it. This is one of the reasons you should always use screws. If you went and used nails, well I have taken nails out as well. You need a nail puller to get under the nail head, then pry the nail out by sliding a putty knife blade behind the nail puller to avoid crushing the drywall. Once loosened you can use a claw hammer to finish extracting the nail. This does more damage to the sheet than screws, but it can all be fixed with mud. Don't bother putting replacement nails or screws in the same holes, put them in new locations.

Thanks for all your help, I just cut a rectangle around where I thought it was, got it the second time around!! LOL
Then I just made the hole and then screwed it back in. Then when I get it plastered, it can be fixed no problem.
Thanks all.
--
Steve