Low water pressure-should I worry?

Hello all,
This morning my wife got up to take a shower, and the water pressure was very low. I got in the shower after her, and the water pressure started out low, but gradually returned to seemingly normal by the time I was done my shower.
We are on a public water supply, and my plumbing is about 16 years old. I don't remember this happening before. I checked for leaks, but did not find any.
Is this something I should worry about? What could have caused this? Or am I worrying too much? Thanks!
jack wrote:

Called the water supply folks??
on 9/25/2007 8:31 AM jack said the following:

Besides something that the water company was doing, was there a house fire going on in the area at the time? When hydrants are open, the water pressure may drop.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
jack wrote:

Is it fine now?

might be a problem with a pressure balance shower valve........